Frequently Asked Questions
What is At-Home Video Visitation?
Video visitation allows you to securely communicate with your incarcerated friends, family members or clients from your home, office, or anywhere equipped with a PC, internet access, and webcam.
What is the difference between an Onsite Video Visitation and At-Home Video Visitation?
Onsite Video Visitation is similar to standard through-the-glass visitation except that you will travel to the jail and visit with your incarcerated loved one using a touchscreen visitation terminal located at the correctional facility's visitation center. The benefit of Onsite video visitation is that you can schedule your visit online in advance which may reduce your waiting time and allow you to visit when it's convenient for you.
In addition to being able to schedule your visit in advance, At-Home Video Visitation also enables you to visit with your incarcerated loved one from home or anywhere else with a computer, webcam, and internet access. This is the most convenient visitation option because it completely eliminates the need for you to travel to the jail.
How do I know when my incarcerated loved one is available to visit?
The system knows when your incarcerated loved one is available and only allows you to schedule a visit according to their availability.
What do I need to do in order to visit from home?
Start by making sure you have a computer (desktop or laptop), high speed internet access and a webcam. Then, create a Securus Online account and follow the step-by-step instructions in order to begin scheduling your At-Home Video Visitation.
I am having trouble with my account. Where do I go?
Our customer care team is available 24/7. You can reach them by live chat, email, or phone which is located to the right of this screen or in the tab above.
Note: Securus is not responsible for the quality of your Internet connection or for the setup and operation of your computer, web camera, or other hardware. Problems related to your Internet connection or hardware should be directed to your Internet service provider or a qualified computer repair technician.
Internet (DSL, Cable, Fiber) Speed
Configurations Supported by Securus Online
- 256KB minimum upstream and downstream speed
- To test network speed, go to speedtest.net.
Supported Smart Phones (running the Securus Video Visit application)
- Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10) with Firefox or IE 9, 9, 10, or 11
- To optimize performance for IE 9, 10, and 11, add "securustech.net" to Compatibility view settings.
- Verify the latest Java software is installed - get it at www.java.com. Only one version is needed.
- If the camera doesn't work, uninstall all Java versions, reboot your PC, and install the latest version of Java.
- Add https://securusvideovisitation.securustech.net to the exception list under the security tab in the Windows "Control Panel" under Java control panel.
- MacOS 10.9+ with Firefox or Safari
Notes about video and sound
- Android 4.0+
- Apple iOS 8.0+
- Most built-in cameras on laptops, tablets, and smartphones provide sufficient picture quality.
- Use ear phones with a microphone for the best overall sound quality and minimum echo.
Securus is not responsible for the quality of your Internet connection or for the setup and operation of your computer, web camera, or other hardware. Problems related to your Internet connection or hardware should be directed to your Internet service provider or a qualified computer repair technician. Visit Securus Terms and Conditions for full details.
Need help? Our Support team is here to help keep your Securus Online experience enjoyable and easy.
Watch how Securus Video Visitation Keeps Families Connected